8th NOAA Testbeds & Proving Grounds Workshop
|Dates: 25–26 April 2017|
|Where:||NWS Training Center Auditorium
7220 NW 101st Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64153-2371
What: The workshop will focus on exchanging lessons-learned and best practices within current NOAA and related testbeds/proving grounds, and on building cross-testbed collaborations and synergies. The workshop will include integrating science themes to highlight New Observing System Capabilities and the Fusion of Observations with Environmental Forecast Models. Previous Workshop Summaries
Why: This workshop, directed towards enhancing communication across NOAA testbed/proving ground efforts, is an important opportunity to exchange information, and enhance the use and effectiveness of outcomes in NOAA operations. Updates on the wide variety of testbed and proving projects across NOAA, related efforts, and new ones on the horizon, will also feature progress in integrating science themes in a critical area for NOAA, including NOAA's Weather Ready Nation strategic goals.
- Communicate results and future directions for individual testbeds/proving grounds and discuss broader cross-facility issues and directions
- Communicate testing activities/results/challenges on the integrating science theme
- Identify best practices, understand and discuss improvements towards achieving our testbed goals
Registration: Register to participate in-person or remotely by using the 'Register' link above.
- The registration deadline for NOAA TRAVELERS is 1 March 2017.
- The registration deadline for ALL OTHERS is 7 April 2017.
Abstract Submission: For Roundup Presentations only. Use the 'Submit Abstract' link above. Deadline: 7 April 2017